Canada Day Inspiration



I have been MIA lately because the province of Alberta was devastated by a massive flood last week. So may cities were crippled due to high river levels due to months of rain, more specifically this flood sprung from the Canadian Rockies all the way down to Southern Alberta, destroying every community in its path and including my City of Calgary. My city has been truly amazing in helping each other and bringing a strong sense of community to those who have lost their homes, businesses and livelihood. I am so fortunate that my condo was spared, in one of the worst flooded neighbourhoods in Calgary. What an amazing city I live in where people come together in our time of need and help their fellow neighbours!

That’s what Canadians do!! I am proud to live in Canada!


This week’s post is dedicated to Canada Day weekend, time to celebrate all things Canadian!


 {Get all things red & white}






{ Great Canada Day  food ideas to celebrate Canadian Provinces}
  1. Newfoundland: Cod
  2. Nova Scotia: Alexander Keiths Beer
  3. Yukon: Birch Syrup
  4. New Brunswick: Fiddlehead
  5. Ontario: Strawberries
  6. Quebec: Artisanal Cheeses
  7. British Columbia: Spot Prawns
  8. Alberta: Beef
  9. Saskatchewan: Saskatoon Berries
  10. Manitoba: Bison
  11. Prince Edward Island: Lobster

{Red velvet cake, white chocolate dipped strawberries & Toast with cream cheese and strawberries}

{Cake pops}



A great way to show some Canadian pride is with these typography pictures that I love from  Etsy. I got my boyfriend a map of his home province of New Brunsick as a house warming gift  and this is a greatgoing away idea for anyone you know who are moving from their home country, province/state or city. 

  ArtyMAPS Here
   8x10 ($16.12)
  {These maps are sent without the frames,but you can choose colours, sizes and price range}














Urban Footprint Design Here
8x10 ($21.00)


{I love these maps as they show city streets & neighbourhoods }




Happy Canada Day!!!





Labels: ,