Homemade Ginger Ale

Summer time is almost here and I always fin my self opening the fridge and there is nothing to drink!
I love ginger ale, but I don't like fizzy and heavy sugar based drinks, so I got creative and tried  my own homemade ginger ale beverage. I love this ginger ale syrup because there is just so much you can do with Ginger ale syrup.The syrup can be used for tea if you are sick or a great mix for cocktail drinks. This can also  be a great hostess gift and party favor. 


 {I  had it with club soda, I added some orange slices and you can add some mint or rosemary}


{ Simple ingredients, you can also add orange peels and boil them all together and store in fridge}


{Chop , peel & boil ingredients, then strain and bottle}

 { No drinks in your fridge , just add ginger syrup with water or club soda!}


Homemade Ginger Ale
3  piece of fresh ginger, about 3 inches in length
4cups of water
1 lemon, rind only
parkling Water or Club Soda
Thinly slice ginger. Add to a saucepan with 2 cups of water and lemon rind. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain mixture to remove ginger and lemon. Stir in honey. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
Mix ΒΌ cup of ginger solution with 8 ounces of sparkling water. Serve immediately.



Here are some ginger ale syrup cocktails!



Cranberry Ginger Fizz:
 1 oz Ginger ale syrup. 2 oz gin, 1 cup chilled cranberry juice & 4 mint springs over ice.


Bourbon Blood Orange Ginger Fizz

Directions: Combine ingredients in a mixing glass and stir through gently
. Pour drink over a tall glass filled with ice.

Labels: ,